Naturopathy emphasises dietary, lifestyle, herbal, and nutritional treatments that are aimed at restoring balance to the human organism. This is consistent with the fundamental principle that the body has an inherent ability to heal itself given the right conditions.
What can Naturopathy treat?
Naturopathy uses a holistic approach to health, viewing the body as a “whole”; naturopaths take all aspects of health into consideration. This includes assessing factors such as mental, psychological and emotional influences, as well as diet, lifestyle, environment and inherited characteristics. To promote complete healing, naturopathy investigates and seeks to address the underlying cause of ill health as well as prevention of disease through educating, motivating and encouraging patients to build a lifestyle that cultivates a level of self-awareness.
- NERVOUS SYSTEM: stress, anxiety, chronic fatigue, sleep disorders, depression, headaches/migraines, behavioural problems
- RESPIRATORY: hay fever, sinusitis, asthma, colds & flu’s, chest infections, tonsillitis
- CARDIOVASCULAR: high cholesterol, low & high blood pressure, poor circulation, palpitations
- DIGESTION: constipation, diarrhoea, bloating, flatulence, irritable bowel syndrome, fatty liver, hepatitis, reflux/heartburn, stomach ulcers, inflammatory bowel disease
- URINARY: urinary tract infections, urinary stones, thrush
- REPRODUCTIVE: menstrual irregularities, PMS, endometriosis, cysts, fibroids, menopause, pre-conception care, BPH
- MUSCULOSKELETAL: arthritis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis
- SKIN: eczema, hives, acne, warts, psoriasis, fungal infections
- ENDOCRINE: hypo/hyperthyroidism, diabetes, weight loss